|Where is the Site Actions menu?|
Finally I stumbled across the answer:
- Go to Central Administration.
- Go to Manage Web Applications.
- Click your MySite Host application to select it.
- Click "User Policy" from the ribbon.
- Add your account with "Full Control" permissions. I chose "All zones," but you can be specific if you need to be.
|Edit your MySite Host's User Policy|
|Add your account with Full Control|
|Policies with my account added|
After this, I was able to go back to my profile in My Sites and access the "Site Actions" menu with "Site Settings."
|Site Actions is now available!|
|Site Actions menu with Site Settings|
Now I was able to get to the Master Page and other settings.