- I use Microsoft Office 365 for Outlook, SharePoint, etc.
- I go to log in to Office 365 using Microsoft Internet Explorer.
- I check the "Keep me signed in" box because I am on my company computer, and I don't want to have to log in every time.
- I close the browser, then open it again.
- I have to sign in to Microsoft Office 365 yet again. And again. And again.
My name's not Dave, but you get the point.
So is there a way to make "Keep me signed in" work for Office 365 and IE? Yes! But first, a warning:
Only do this on your own computer (i.e., not a shared computer), and only if you lock that computer using your own user account every time you are not physically at said computer. By the way, you should always do this anyway. No I mean it. No really, start locking your computers!
Here's how to make "Keep me signed in" work:
Go to Internet Options » Security tab » Trusted sites » Sites button. Then add the following entries:
If this doesn't work for you, it may mean that your IT staff has set some policies that interfere with it. Or gremlins. Hopefully it just works!
Update: This fix applies only to Internet Explorer.